C&S has an immediate opening for a full-time, temporary Logistics Planner in Jefferson City.
Salary/hours for Logistics Planner: $17/hr.; Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Responsibilities for Logistics Planner:
- schedule, track and resolve issues regarding shipments to meet customer’s delivery expectations reducing complexity and decreasing costs
- extensively and accurately use Transportation Management System (TMS) while adjusting and implementing day to day processes to enhance performance and logistics spend
- provide estimated freight charges based on information gathered through TMS
- review route requests daily and communicate necessary carrier changes to operations and the Logistics team; provide guidance on all carrier changes, ship methods, delivery expectations, etc.
- accurately prepare customs documentation for international orders and provide all required documents to the carrier
- obtain, manage and track all routing information for specific customer accounts through e-mail and/or the customers routing portal
Requirements for Logistics Planner:
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel required; Access knowledge a plus) as well as AS/400 knowledge and web-based applications
- ability to use reporting combined with real time production to ensure that the whole processes through final delivery runs smoothly
- must have scheduling, prioritizing and time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- must have good attendance and ability to work overtime as required
Apply online (including resume) and/or at 1731 Southridge Drive, Jefferson City. Questions can be directed to 573-635-9295.